The AV team stuffed our brains with awesome usability tips and strategies at The Rosenfeld Summit this week. Six of the best minds online talked about how to make your website better.
Usability is about making the web easier for people to use.
- Making it easier to buy from an ecommerce site.
- Making it easier to check restaurant menu & hours.
- Making it easier to get directions to an event.
Sounds simple enough.
Yet it’s so hard to put into practice. Fortunately, we ascended the mountain to gather wisdom from the sages. We’d like to share this great knowledge with you. Together we can make the web safer place for humans.
Speaker: STEVE KRUG
This man is a genius
“Usability is more about people than technology. And people don’t change very fast.”
“The biggest challenge is responsive design. We’re back in the wild and woolly days of the early interwebs, trying to cope with the fact that people have different screen sizes, and different browsers interpreting things differently.”
As Rotarians and business people, we care about our community. And we know you do too.
On Monday Moore, Oklahoma was hit by a massive tornado that ripped through two elementary schools, several neighborhoods and a hospital. Volunteers, business owners, and regular folks are coming together to help in any way they can.
The Jenks Chamber of Commerce had a great luncheon this week about strategies for small business success. The speaker was Bruce Riggs, the president of the Sales Coaching Group and PerformONE Training Group.
His three main points for helping us be successful were:
- Attitude: We should be servant leaders and have a noble purpose.
- Trust: No matter what, we should be trustworthy in all our business practices.
- Process: We should try to systematize as much as we can so we do not drop any balls.
Some other helpful tips:
- Tactics without strategy is chaos.
- We should nurture our clients, not forget about them. It is so much easier to sell to existing clients than beating the pavement trying to get new clients.
- Always ask for referrals! If we do a great job, because our experience and expertise, our clients will be happy to refer us.
What are your strategies for small business success?