It’s been a very good year, and Andolini’s Pizza is a great place to celebrate working for clients we love.
That’s a big pizza pie.
You’re looking at two of the finest Andolini’s “Purple Label Pizzas.”
The Spring Street starts with NY style pizza sauce, Pecorino Romano, and house-made mozzarella, topped with fresh basil. Cooked to perfect char, we like to add Italian sausage to ours.
The Upper East Side combines Brie and mozzarella cheese with a generous portion of walnuts, topped with Granny Smith apples and a drizzle of honey.
(We started out with the garlic knots and bruschetta. Those disappeared too fast to photograph.)
Say, what’s in this drink?
The “Little Moscow” blends Tito’s vodka, ginger beer, and mint with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Holidays are a good time to reflect:
We have a lot of reasons to toast this year. We have improved our process by leaps and bounds, which means we turn out higher quality work, and provide a higher level of customer service.
1) Experience. Since opening our doors, we’ve served more than 110 clients in over 20 industries. Recent projects include food & beverage, ecommerce, industrial, video games, and fitness.
2) Project Management. Basecamp allows us to track projects, communicate with clients, and keep all our files, to-do lists, agendas, and ideas in one place. This keeps everyone on the same page, and clients can check their project status 24/7. No more searching through email for files! We can loop in people to sign off on a design or content piece.
3) Time Tracking. Knowing where we spend our time has been invaluable. Toggl, our time-tracking tool, lets us know exactly how much time we spend on each project. We can create reports by client or by project and drill down to individual tasks.
4) Online Document Signing. Since we work with clients in far-flung places, we love DocuSign virtual signatures for contracts and statements of work. An email, a few clicks, and we’re done. No more faxing documents back and forth!
6) Mobile. We’ve had a lot of fun creating mobile shopping carts, interactive galleries, and mobile websites for clients who want to stay ahead of the adoption curve. Touch screens create a completely different environment, and we now design for fingers instead of mice.
7) Ecommerce. We’ve developed new technologies to integrate shopping carts into a variety of sites. For the holidays, we brought on some intense retail marketing integration: PPC, email, Facebook, Pinterest, and SEO all working together. That included website optimization from the ground up: from first click to final purchase.
8) Cash-operated. Still debt-free, even after upgrading our equipment and software! We have savings categories for education and technology, as well as a cash cushion. That means lower overhead, better training for our staff, and a solid future for all of us.
Looking forward to the new year.