The purpose for this article is to provide step-by-step instructions for setting up your Microsoft Outlook 2007 email client with the settings from Omnis Hosting.
Steps for Microsoft Outlook 2007
- In Outlook, click “Tools” then “Account Settings”.
- In the “Account Settings” dialog box, on the E-mail tab, click “New”.
- On the “Choose E-mail Service” page, make sure “Microsoft Exchange, POP, IMAP, or HTTP” is selected, and then click “Next”.
- At the bottom of the “Auto Account Setup” page, check “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click “Next”.
- Click “Internet E-mail” and click “Next”.
- On the “Internet Email Settings page: Under “User Information:”
- In the “Your Name” field, type your first and last name.
- In the “E-mail Address” field, type your full email address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under “Server Information”
- In the “Account Type” drop-down, select “POP3”.
- In the “Incoming Mail Server” field, type mail.yourdomain.com.
- In the “Outgoing mail server” field, type mail.yourdomain.com.
Under “Login Information”:
- In the “User Name” field, type your full email. Example: email@example.com.
- In the “Password” field, type your password. Make sure “Remember password” is checked.
At the bottom of the page, click “More Settings”.
- Click the “Outgoing Server” tab.
- At the top, check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Click the “Advanced” tab:
- Under “Server Port Numbers” change the “Outgoing sever (SMTP)” to “587”.
Click “OK” and then “Next”, then click “Finish”.
Steps for Microsoft Outlook 2010 & 2013
If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard doesn’t appear, on the Outlook toolbar:
- Click the “File” tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click “Add Account”.
- Click “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”, and then click “Next”.
- On the “Choose Service” page, select “Internet E-mail”, and then click “Next”.
Provide the following information on the “Internet E-mail Settings” page. Under “User Information”:
- In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
- In the E-mail Address box, enter your email address.
Under “Server Information”:
- Under Account Type, select “POP3”.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter “mail.yourdomain.com”.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter “mail.yourdomain.com”.
Under Logon Information:
- In the User Name box, enter your email address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the check box next to Remember password is selected.
At the bottom of the page, click “More Settings,” and then fill in the “Internet E-Mail Settings” dialog box as follows:
- On the Outgoing Server tab, select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
On the Advanced tab:
- Under Incoming server (POP3), next to “Use the following type of encrypted connection”, select “SSL” in the drop-down list.
- Under “Outgoing server” (SMTP), next to “Use the following type of encrypted connection”, select “TLS,” and then click “OK”.
- Under “Server Port Numbers” next to “Outgoing Server (SMTP), enter “587”.
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- If you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click “Leave a copy of messages on the server.” If you don’t select this option, all messages will be removed from the server and stored locally on your computer.
- On the Add New Account page, click Next.
- After Outlook tests your account, click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialog box.
- On the Congratulations page, click Finish.
- On the Account Settings page, click Close.
Have questions? Need help?
Call us today: (918) 518-5907